When the Lord created the earth, he filled it with powerful plants whose “lifeblood” has the capability to support every single one of our body’s systems on a cellular level. When they’re expertly and delicately distilled at the right temperature and untainted by any synthetic fillers or chemicals, they are one of the most powerful things we can use to maintain an overall wellbeing. So powerful that they can reach every cell in your body within twenty minutes of topical application. So powerful that they can affect your emotions when inhaled. So powerful that they adapt to what your individual body needs. They are the best way to cheer on your body, your husband’s body, and the little bodies you two created, to do the work they were designed to do. And we all want only the best for our loves, right?
HOW TO USE OILS:
There are three primary ways to use essential oils: aromatically, topically, and internally.
AROMATICALLY: Inhaling essential oils can heighten the senses and trigger numerous healing responses in the body. Through inhalation, oils utilize the limbic system to reach the brain’s emotional storage- for some of us, it’s pretty full! You can either inhale directly or diffuse. If diffusing in a little one’s room (under two years old), just make sure to leave the door open or diffuse for short periods of time.
TOPICALLY: Since your skin is your body’s largest organ, applying directly to your skin is a great way to use your oils. Usually 1-4 drops on a single location will do the trick. Mix your oils with a carrier oil (coconut oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, olive oil, etc) to cover a larger area. Heck, get your husband to give you a nice, relaxing massage.
INTERNALLY: Research indicates that some oils are more effective when taken orally, but ONLY pure essential oils, proven safe and labeled as dietary supplements should be used internally. You could put several drops into a vegetable capsule and take with a glass of water, but a personal favorite is adding a drop or two to my daily water intake. Lemon, Grapefruit, and citrus oils in general are always a good choice. *you must use a GLASS when adding to your drink.
It’s so easy to get overwhelmed when starting out (believe me, we know from experience!) but here are a few tips to get you going:
- Store your essential oils in a cool, dark place with lids tightly closed (and always out of reach of children). You’ll also want to keep carrier oils on hand for dilution. Always use glass containers, especially when drinking them in water, since most plastic products contain chemicals that can be broken down by the oil. ⠀
- Citrus oils are photosensitive and when applied to skin, they may cause a rash or dark pigmentation on skin exposed to UV rays or direct sunlight within 1-2 days after application.
- Keep essential oils away from eyes and never put them directly into the ears. Should irritation or accidental contact with eyes occur, water won’t help. Instead, use a carrier oil (remember how we said to have them nearby?) to help cleanse the area and provide relief.
- Epileptics and people with high blood pressure should use extra caution when using essential oils with high ketones like basil, rosemary, sage, or tansy.
- For people with allergies or sensitive skin, it’s best to test a small area (like the inside of the upper arm) then wait 30 minutes before applying to other areas. In general, the bottoms of the feet are safe for topical application.⠀
- Young Living puts it right on the label whether an oil is able to be consumed as a food additive or not. DO NOT use any essential oil internally that is not specifically indicated for that purpose.
WHY YOUNG LIVING:
Young Living owns their own farms to grow their own plants all over the world. Young Living also distills 100% of their own oils. That means YL can stand by their quality from beginning to end. They call it the “SEED TO SEAL” guarantee, which means a lot if we are going to be putting them on our bodies and our kids’ bodies (read about this crazy cool guarantee here). They can say with a 100% guarantee that they know what is in those precious little bottles and that they are 100% pure. From the time the seed is sourced until the oil is sealed in the bottle, they apply the most rigorous quality controls possible to ensure that you are receiving essential oils exactly the way nature intended. While oils are becoming increasingly popular, they aren’t a new thing! YL has been around for over 20 years and they are clearly the leader in the industry. They have had the opportunity to learn from mistakes or change what isn’t working!
We always say that the Premium Starter Kit is the best way to get started.
It includes a gorgeous diffuser, which uses ultrasonic technology to disperse millions of tiny essential oil particles into the air- it’s about so much more than smelling good. It also includes some literature about Young Living, a Resource Guide, info about Seed to Seal, sample packets of Thieves Household cleaner, samples of Ningxia Red (delicious and SO nutritious) and the best part….. 11 ESSENTIAL OILS:
- Lavender (jack of all trades- calming, healthy hair + skin, etc.)
- Copaiba (immune system support, digestive comfort, teething babes, etc.)
- Panaway (muscle soothing, post-workout, etc.)
- Digize (digestive regulation, healthy immune system, etc.)
- Lemon (invigorating scent, whole body cleaning, etc.)
- Citrus Fresh (icky smell zapper, uplifting aroma, etc.)
- Frankincense (skin health + youthfulness, calming aroma, given to baby Jesus!)
- Thieves (immune system powerhouse, smells like fall, clean home, etc.)
- Stress Away (the name says it alllllll…)
- Peppermint (tummy soothing, breath freshening, mental clarity, etc.)
- Raven (respiratory comfort, uplifting aroma, etc.)
It is hands down the best value and best way to get going with oils. We would love to have you join this oily adventure! When you purchase this kit, you automatically become a Young Living member and will get a 24% off, wholesale discount on future order. But the BEST PART? you will have the support of so many amazing oilers through helpful + fun Facebook groups. Our community is quickly growing and one of the best out there because of the unlimited resources and ridiculous personalities we have! If you grab your premium starter kit, do you have to sell? ABSOLUTELY NOT! The option is always there, if you want to share your love of oils with friends and family, but there is never any pressure to do so.
That crazy group of people I mentioned? They’ll be your new best friends when you grab your starter kit. We are a collection of people who use our oils for everything, share our successes and failures, ask questions, and encourage one another. We are like-minded friends, wives, mommas, students, creatives, teachers, hard workers, dream chasers, and adventure takers. We’re truly a special bunch!
ARE YOU READY?
As I said, the Premium Starter Kit is hands down the way to go, both for its value and its collection of everyday oils to get you started. We couldn’t love it any more than we already do. If you’re ready to jump into this new way to do wellness, CLICK HERE or email email@example.com and I’ll guide you every step of the way.
Not ready yet, but curious? Email me anyway and I’ll happily share more of our oily testimony and answer your questions.